Organizing an event but can’t find the right speaker for it? Let OKPAN Speakers’ Bureau help you! The Speakers’ Bureau is intended to be a resource for event organizers by compiling a list of anthropologists in Oklahoma who have volunteered to be potential speakers at events.
Before accessing the document to request a speaker or before joining the Speakers’ Bureau, please take a few minutes to review the information below.
For Event Organizers:
Before considering inviting a speaker to your event, please read through the Speakers’ Bureau guidelines and remember:
- Request a speaker no less than 2 weeks in advance of your event. If you do not give a speaker enough time to prepare, they will be unable to present at your event!
- Speakers have the right to turn down a speaking opportunity, as schedules and availability can vary during the year.
- Please be respectful toward your speaker. They are not getting paid to participate and are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts!
For Bureau Speakers:
If you are a member of the Bureau or thinking becoming a part of it, please read through the Bureau’s guidelines and consider the following:
- Please be respectful of event organizers and organizations when presenting a talk. We are all here to learn!
- Know your audience and consider adjusting your talks accordingly.
- Although you have the right to decline a speaking opportunity if you are unable to attend, please make an effort to present when contacted in a timely fashion.
Please contact us with any questions at OKArchaeology@gmail.com or call 405-325-5239.