For Information on Submitting a Poster:
Call for Abstracts
OKPAN is proud to announce the second biennial Oklahoma Archaeology Conference (OAC)! This year’s conference will include:
- A plenary session with speakers from across the country speaking about public archaeology.
- Symposium sessions highlighting research by Oklahoma archaeologists, both working in and out of the state.
- Panel on public archaeology in Oklahoma.
- The opportunity to take the second workshop in OKPAN’s Archaeological Skills Workshop Series.
- The combined poster session and conference mixer (back by popular demand!).
- Joe Watkins as our keynote speaker at the conference banquet!
- Round table luncheon hosted by plenary and panel speakers.
From February 16 until on-site registration, rates are $40 for students and $50 for non-students. Click here to register now.
Our out-of-town attendees can take advantage of our special conference rate with the Marriott Fairfield Inn in Norman – $84 per night. Click here to book your room at this discounted rate. HOTEL FULL
Still need a hotel? We have a small block with the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Norman for $84 per night, but act fast! Call 405-579-4000 to reserve your room now, and follow the below instructions.
- Reference that you would like to book under the ‘Oklahoma Archeology Conf-OKPAN’ group
- Please provide the desk agent your La Quinta Returns # to pull up your contact information, or if you do not have a Returns loyalty membership with us, please provide to the agent your contact information including the credit card you would like the room reserved under
- Dates of Stay: March 1-4
- Please indicate the dates of stay you would like for your reservation
- Rate: $84 plus applicable taxes
- Room Type: Two Doubles
- FREE, hot buffet style breakfast with items such as eggs, waffles, sausage/bacon, biscuits and gravy in rotation
- Also have items such as bagels, muffins, toast, oatmeal, yogurt parfait fixings, fresh fruit, juice
- 24 hour coffee/tea/cocoa/water station available to guests in the lobby
- FREE Wifi throughout the entire property
- Complimentary business center with printer
- Expanded workout room with treadmill, stationary bike, yoga ball, free weights, medicine ball set, etc.
- All rooms come with microwave and fridge