The final workshop for the 2018-2019 workshop series will be an experimental archaeology workshop about ceramics! Taught by instructor Paige Ford, you will explore the ways people made ceramics in the past (and today!) by experimenting with clay and crafting your own pottery using similar techniques. Participants will learn about how past peoples found places to extract clay to be used for ceramic manufacture; how they tempered that clay to make it workable; and how they shaped, decorated, and fired their vessels. In addition to making our own ceramics, you will discuss how archaeologists use pottery to learn about the past. If you’ve ever wanted to get hands-on with ceramics, this is the workshop for you!
This two-day workshop will be taught twice in May 2019, in Norman and Tulsa. But space is limited to 10 people per workshop, so save your spot today!
- Where: Room TBD, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- When: May 18-19, 2018, times TBD
- Cost: $20 (for workshop supplies). Sign up for the Norman workshop here!
- Where: Room TBD, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK
- When: May 25-26, 2018, times TBD
- Cost: $20 (for workshop supplies). Sign up for the Tulsa workshop here!
*This fee is non-refundable.